Terms and Conditions
- All Customers are subject to these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions, together with the purchase of Goods from Daisy shall constitute the entire agreement between Daisy and Customer with respect to any online purchase and the Goods provided hereunder. These terms and conditions supersede any prior or contemporaneous agreements or representations written or oral. Any amendment of these terms and conditions must be in writing and signed by Daisy to be binding on Daisy.
- Security Policy – Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
- Shipping/Delivery – Please be assured that your items will ship out within two days of purchase whenever possible. We determine the most efficient shipping carrier for your order. The carriers that may be used are: Daisy delivery drivers, U.S. Postal Service (USPS), United Parcel Service (UPS) or FedEx. Sorry but we cannot ship to P.O. Boxes. Shipping and handling costs will vary. Please note that out of state orders WILL NOT be charged sales tax. In state orders will be charged based on the ship to locations standard sales tax rate. If you’re trying to estimate when a package will be delivered, please note the following: Federal Express and UPS deliveries occur Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Refund Policy - All Merchandise Returns must have a Return Authorization (RA) number issued by Daisy. Credits cannot be issued without a valid RA Number. Daisy guarantees its products against manufacturer defects. Defective merchandise will be credited or replaced. Non-defective merchandise must be unopened and in its original packaging. A minimum 15% restocking fee may apply. Returns must be initiated within 90 days of purchase date. A Return Authorization (RA) may be initiated through the customer's online user account or by contacting Daisy with: Valid Daisy invoice number, Reason for return, Customer Name, Phone/Fax and email address.
- Limits of Liability - Daisy liability for breach arising out of the sale of goods shall be limited to the purchase price of the goods. In no event shall Daisy be liable for any special, consequential, incidental, indirect or other damages (including without limitation loss of profit) whether or not Daisy has been advised of the possibility of such loss, however caused, whether for breach of repudiation of contract, breach of warranty, negligence, failure to deliver, or under any other theory of liability.
- Payment Terms - Credit card authorization and verification must be received prior to processing customer orders. All amounts due shall be payable in United States dollars unless otherwise specifically agreed upon by Daisy. For contract customers, payment obligations are stated on Daisy’s invoices.
- Application for Credit - The Customer request open account terms. represents that the information contained in its Application for Credit is true and correct. Customer hereby authorizes Daisy to contact the designated references as well as any or all appropriate credit bureaus for information pertaining to their credit worthiness and financial responsibility.
- Extension of Credit - Daisy may, but shall not be bound to, extend credit to Customer at its sole discretion and in its sole discretion may modify or withdraw at any time credit terms extended to Customer. For customers with Net terms, credit card payments may be utilized at the time of order placement, however credit cards may not be utilized after any Net Days have passed from invoice date. Credit card payments must be processed at the time of invoice.
- Finance Charges - Late charges of one and one-half percent [1 1/2 %] or the maximum permitted by law, whichever is less, per month on outstanding balances may be charged. In the event that any obligation of Customer to Daisy is not paid on the due date thereof, Daisy shall be entitled to charge Customer interest on the full amount of the unpaid obligation commencing on the due date of their obligation and continuing until the obligation is paid in full.
- Delinquent Accounts - Open account terms may be suspended if invoices are not paid within specified terms. Subsequent orders may be held until the account is paid current. If, in Daisy’s judgment, Customer’s financial condition and/or payment history does not justify continuation of the existing payment terms, Daisy may do one or any combination of the following: Require full or partial payment of Customer’s account; Require payment in advance for Products or Services; Change Customer’s credit terms and/or credit limit; Require cash, credit card, or other COD method of payment; Pursue legal remedies;
- Attorney/Collection Fees – In the event Daisy shall determine, in it’s sole discretion, to use the services of any attorney and/or collection agency to collect any past due obligations of Customer, Customer agrees to pay, in addition to the past due obligations and finance charges, all reasonable attorney fees, collection fees and/or court fees.
- Returned Checks - A $25.00 handling charge will be assessed on all returned checks.
- Refusal of Service – Daisy reserves the right to refuse service to any person, company or entity as legally allowed.
- Governing Law and Consent to Jurisdiction – This Agreement and the Terms and Conditions and any and all dealings between Daisy and Customer shall be construed as having been made or to have taken place in the County of San Bernardino State of California, without regard to its principles of conflict of laws and no other jurisdiction. In the event of any dispute between Daisy and Customer arising out of or in connection with the Agreements, all actions or disputes shall be brought and tried only in the County of San Bernardino and violation of this covenant will bar recovery by Customer in any other court.
These terms and conditions bind all transactions whether placed in person, verbally, via e-mail, by phone, text or online.